- Find Out More About:
- Best Nose Job San Diego
Breast augmentation usually involves implant surgery, which is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of breasts using implants. The augmentation is accomplished by a series of reasons, which vary from patient to patient; some have other reasons that are cosmetic and medical. Breast implants can be silicone, filled with silicone gel or a salt-water solution known as saline water. This procedure is aimed at women who want to improve the size and shape of their breasts because:
* They want to correct uneven breasts;
* They want to restore or improve the shape and size of their breasts after pregnancy or large weight loss;
* They are dissatisfied with the size of their breasts; or
* They want to correct congenital unilateral or bilateral breasts.
Knowing if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation is a question only you can answer after speaking with the plastic surgeon after a full consultation. Some determining factors are your health and age. Overall, the best candidates for Breast Augmentation in Columbia MO are patients who:
* Are adults
* Are not pregnant or nursing
* Are in good health
* Are psychologically stable
* Want to improve their appearance
* Have realistic goals and expectations
How should one prepare for surgery?
The surgeon will want a mammogram or x-ray performed before surgery to rule out any abnormality, along with a pre-operative image of your breast tissue. Usually the patient will be asked not to eat or drink anything before surgery and wear loose clothing, including a bra that does not have rod. It is also important for the patient to ask a family member or friend to drive them home after surgery and, if possible, assist you for 24 hours after them after the surgery.
There are 3 types of incisions:
* Periareolar -; Used within natural margins of the areola and breast skin, almost no visible scars are left behind.
* Inframammary -; The most common of incisions and is made below the natural crease of the breast.
* Transaxillary -; This incision is made at armpit level and is indicated for patients who do not want scars.
If you are interested in having Breast Augmentation in Columbia, MO done, it is very wise to speak to your primary physician first, who will do some tests, and then refer you to a plastic surgeon.